Friday, December 28, 2012

Not Over You - Gavin DeGraw #2

some days,
i wish i wasn't so foolish
i wish i never let my feelings
and emotions
get in the way, of our friendship


*

i regret a lot
but i know that nothing happens for no reason
the more i think about it,
the more i want to fly off a building

but i'm so grateful for everybody
that God has sent
to make the journey more bearable

 *

it feels like i'm making the same mistake all over again
but sometimes,
i fight, cause i am the war inside, i fight,
i say that i have a right to feel
and you can't dictate that.

but then again,
who am i to dictate how you feel about it?
it's the irony of it

it feels like people don't understand
and those who do,
they leave me alone
it hurts sometimes,
but it has made me a better, a stronger person

so i'm so glad
for all the people
for all the friendships
and for helping me to see
the selfishness i am capable of

i'm so glad
that God is good
to allow good things to happen to me

God, You give and You take away,
but my heart will still choose to say,
"Lord, blessed be Your name!"


No comments: