Monday, September 9, 2013

Church

i like going to church
i love going to the house of the Lord!
people question the need to do so

yesterday, i thought of an illustration
God is my best Friend and i can be best friends with Him anywhere and He'll be there
i can be friends with Him every other day
but why do i choose to go to His house on Sundays?

it's like going to your best friend's house,
it's unnecessary, but you still do it
going to your best friend's house is a sign of closeness
you might do the same things every time you go to their house,
but it means something to the both of you
it brings joy to the both of you
the house(or the home) of someone brings you more of your best friend than you could ever imagine
it brings parts of your friend that can never be brought out anywhere else

*

i found the answers to my questions
answers that were so simple, so basic
things that i should know from the heart,
having 'memorized the law since i was three'

i tell myself that i can do better
some day i'm gonna get it all together,
who am i fooling?
i am weak and prone to be the me that i will always be
so what's left to do but surrender?

there are people i meet
i tell myself that it's better not to get involved
if i know that i cannot do it properly
and if that's the case,
i might as well never get involved in anything God brings me to

God has called me to love
and can i love with my own capacity?
of course not!
that is why He asks that i rely on Him
to draw the love and strength from Him
so simple, so basic
and yet i constantly forget this simple truth

this truth sets me free,
it sets me free when i practice it


does the man i am today
say the words You need to say?

let them see You in me
let them hear You when i speak
let them feel You when i sing
let them see You
let them see You in me

*

good day to all of you!
God bless!

No comments: